With seven years of positive clinical evidence, and over 90,000 women successfully treated, you can feel confident recommending this solution to your patients.2,6,8
The final analysis of the American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBS) MammoSite Breast Brachytherapy Registry Trial (N=1440) confirmed the excellent results of treatment efficacy, cosmesis and toxicity. The study also concluded that these results are similar and compared favorably with other forms of APBI and whole breast irradiation with similar follow-up period.2
- Excellent/good cosmesis was observed in:
- 91.3% of patients at 5 years.
- 90.5% of patients at 6 years.
- 90.6% of patients at 7 years.
- Overall rate of fat necrosis was 2.5% with an infection rate of 9.6% and few late toxicity events beyond 2 years.
- Overall symptomatic seroma rate was 13.4% and 0.6% beyond 2 years.
- Ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence (IBTR) was developed in 41 cases (2.8%) for a 5-year actuarial rate of 3.8 % (3.7% for IBC and 4.1% for DCIS).
The Five-year Results of the Initial Clinical Trial of MammoSite Balloon Brachytherapy for Partial Breast Irradiation in Early-Stage Breast Cancer involving 43 patients7 shows:
- No local recurrences.
- 83.3% of patients had good/excellent cosmetic results.
- 100% of patients would recommend MammoSite targeted radiation therapy to a friend or family member.
- 100% of patients would use MammoSite targeted radiation therapy if they had to do it over.